Storage Hints & Tips
Here at Store it Ryde we are always here to help you get the most out of your storage unit.
By following a few of our simple, straight forward hints & tips you will be confident in storing your goods safely and securely but also maximizing the storage space you have.
- Use good quality packing boxes. A full range of packaging materials can be purchased in store, please ask a member of staff for more details
- Always completely fill boxes, as partially full or bulging boxes may tip or collapse
- Heavy items should be packed into small boxes so that they are easy to lift & carry
- Label boxes for easy reference when locating goods or marking fragile or heavy items
- Keep an inventory of your stored items in a safe place
- Ensure all fragile goods are wrapped in protective packaging or bubble wrap prior to storing
- Dishes, glasses or other fragile china should be wrapped in tissue paper or bubble wrap before placing into boxes
- Clean garden equipment prior to storing
- Use wardrobe/garment boxes to hang any clothes to prevent creasing & keep shape
- Place heavy or bulky items in your storage unit first to provide a good stacking base
- Plan your storage space – any items that you will not need access to can be stored at the back of your unit
- To maximise space stack similar sized boxes together
- Do not stack heavy items on sofas or mattresses
- Always place a protective cover over your soft furnishings – we stock furniture covers in store
- Stack chairs seat to seat with a blanket or piece of cardboard to separate them
- Leave refrigerator or freezer doors open to allow ventilation & always ensure freezers are fully defrosted prior to storing.
- Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard & bubble wrap, marked fragile and stored on their end
- Cover your goods with dust sheets to reduced dust build up